I am so happy to share with you my plans for the most nourishing weekend of yoga, meditation, connection, nature, and inspiration, from 13th-15th September 2019.
firstname.lastname@example.org or call me 07707297316 for enquiries/ to register interest.
- Friday 13th Sept 4pm- Sunday 15th Sept 4.30pm
- At Chyan , near Penryn , Cornwall.
- Run on Gift Economy so price shown is to cover costs. The teaching and food preparation are offered as gifts.
- Residential options: shared room ( 3 or 4 people) with woodburner, all meals included:£200. Camping ( own tent) , all meals included, £186.
- Non Residential option: please ask for recommendations for staying in local B and B if you need a private room. Local people wanting to stay at home but join for meals and activities welcome. Both options £125 including all meals.
- Provisional schedule:
- Friday : arrivals from 3pm, welcome tea and cake 4pm, relaxing yoga 5.30-6.30pm, (Jess) dinner 7pm. Wood fired sauna until late.
- Saturday: 6.45-8am meditation, mantra and movement. ( Jess) Breakfast 8.30am. Yoga asana class 10.45-12.30pm. ( Jess) Lunch 1pm. PM: Option of 2 hr aerial yoga class( Nayomi, £25pp) or free time to explore. Evening meal and fire on the beach 7-10pm ( wet weather option group activity with woodburner in Apple Barn)
- Sunday : Morning schedule as Saturday. 2pm: Mindful movement/dance class (Sebastian) exploring connection to others.
- All meals included (Sebastian is planning the most amazing, nourishing menu of all plant-based, mostly organic, wholesome and fresh, often raw, food) and extras (ie Jess’s famous vegan cakes!) plus unlimited teas included.
- This retreat will run on Gift Economy- see below and for a Youtube vid explaining Gift Economy please click here
- option to share a place with a partner/ friend in order to share childcare ( eg attend half the retreat each)
I wanted to offer a retreat that was :
Accessible for parents or those who cant take time off work
Based in a beautiful place
Not too far from South Devon
This retreat ticks all those boxes and more! I always dreamed of running it at Chyan, since I discovered this magical place in 2016.
I felt really inspired by the concept of Gift Economy when i recently viewed my teacher Uma talking about it (Link here!) and I decided to run on this basis. I am offering this retreat from my heart to yours because I want to share this place, and the teachings I have been passed. Sebastian is offering his time, and sharing his passion for creating nourishing food on the same basis. The amount you see is a cost- covering amount that we need to ask to cover our basics ie accommodation, room hire, wood for the fires, food, teacher travel expenses. Our teachings and the time we take to prepare and serve the food, to plan and carry out the retreat, we offer as a gift. At the end of the retreat (or before!) if you wish to, based on what you feel in your heart was the value of what you have been gifted, you can add a gift amount for these additional offerings. For most people the easiest way to do this would be financial but we are also open to that being a gift of your skills, or similar. This is completely up to you to decide based on how you feel you value what has been offered to you. We aren’t putting a price tag or any expectation or hidden agenda on this.
The pictures of Chyan were taken on my recent mini-retreat there. Just two nights there was enough to fill my cup to overflowing! It is a community where some people live , year- round in yurts, converted buses , shepherd huts and caravans. It is also the home of Swamp Circus. It hosts the annual Surya yoga camp in May , and year round events from Circus camps to dance and eco gatherings. It is a truly inspiring place to spend time. The showers are mainly solar powered but there is also a top up supply so we will never run out of hot water! The water drainage is into a specially designed green pond. The toilets are compost toilets, fully respecting the land as our waste is then offered back to nourish the soil!
The spaces there are really beautiful , we have one for yoga and meditation ( Sky Space: shown below) and one for gathering, eating and our movement session. ( Apple Barn shown above) There are also amazing outdoor spaces that we will use if the weather is dry. You can take a walk around the land at any time, immerse yourself in nature, paddle in a river, wander through an orchard, pick herbs, climb the rocks or dance in the grassy clearings.
Aerial yoga 2 hour workshop with Nayomi- Saturday afternoon in the Apple Barn. £25 pp. (yoga in an aerial hammock- amazing for deep release and fun, accessible supportive inversions!) (must be prebooked due to limited space)
Massage therapist on site -price on enquiry
Beaches are ten minutes away. Falmouth is ten minutes away. The Helford River is ten minutes away. You are surrounded by luscious Cornwall.